Dowling & Neylan operates the following website 'www.dowlingneylan.com.au' across desktop, mobile, tablet and apps (including any subdomains).
Respecting information privacy
We recognise the importance of protecting personal information. We do not collect sensitive information as defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ('Privacy Act'), such as racial or enthnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records or health information.
In collecting and handling personal information, we are bound by the Privacy Act, including the Australian Privacy Principles ('APPs'), and applicable privacy regulations.
The personal information we collect about you
Dowling & Neylan may collect personal information about you including, but not limited to, your name, address, phone number, email, occupation and any other information provided. For some services and products, we may also collect your personal information to enable verification of your identity, including information from your passport and or driver's licence.
If you submit personal information to us in relation to an employment opportunity, we may also collect information about your employment and academic history.
We may also collect non-personal information about you including, but not limited to, data relating to your activites on our Website via tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and measurement software or data relating to survey responses.
You acknowledge that the personal information you provide us and which we collect from you, is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide to us.
How we collect your personal information
Dowling & Neylan may collect personal information about you from a variety of sources including, but not limited to;
- subscribing to recieve online newsletters/updates, quarterly magazines, market reports;
- filling in forms, applications for rental properties;
- contacting us or our service providers for any reason including, but not limited to reporting a problem with the Website, requesting further services or seeking our assistance;
- applying for an employment opportunity with us directly or through your nominated referees.
We may also collect your information through our related bodies corporate, our service providers and third parties so that we may provide a better or more relevant service or product to you.
how we use your personal information
We use the personal informaton we have collected largely for the purpose of providing you with products and services that you have requested and responding to your inquiries.
More specifically, Dowling & Neylan may use personal information which it has collected to:
- ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for your and for your computer;
- combine your personal information with information that Dowling & Neylan has collected from its services providers, third parties, cookies or web beacons in order to provide you with a better or more relevant and personalised experience and to improve the quality of its services;
- respond to or provide you with service products, information and assistance that you request from our website;
- contact you to conduct research and obtain feedback about our products and services;
- help carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- notify you about changes to our products and services.
If all or part of this information is not provided, we may not be able to provide these services
If you submit personal information to us in relation to an employment opportunity with us, we may also use your personal information to:
- consider you for the position for which you have submitted your personal information or any other positions that are or become available in the future;
- respond to you in relation to any future application you make for an employment opportunity with us; and
- contact your referees in order to collect the information you have consented to us collecting about you in order to consider you for employment opportunities with us.
using and disclosing your personal information for marketing purposes
- use your personal information to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services, which we believe may be of interest to you; and
- share your information with our registered agents so that they can provide you with products or services or help us to provide you with the requested products or services including contacting you in relation to the products or services..
If we do contact you by using your personal information in accordance with either of the above, we will give you the opportunity to request that your information not be used for further direct marketing in the future.
We may also, if you request us to by opting-in through our online rental application, share your information with third parties so they may contact you directly about their offers, promotions, goods or services.
how we disclose your personal information
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate, service providers or business partners.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to our service providers, so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or help us to provide you with our products or services;
- in conjunction with a sale or similar transfer of a business;
- relevant public, government or regulatory authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties, in special situations where we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to help identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; and
- where we are otherwise authorised or required by law to do so.
If you request information from any organisation through our website, you will need to check their privacy policty to find out how they handle your personal information. We are not responsitble for the way these organisations collect, use, disclose or handle personal information you provide to them through our Website.
Disclosure and storage of personal information outside australia
Personal information submitted by Dowling & Neylan’s customers and visitors to our Website may be held on servers located in Australia. When you provide us with your personal information you give us your consent to store your personal information for the purposes described above.
cookies and web beacons
We may combine our cookies and information collected through the cookies and web beacons on the Website with other information (including information collected by third parties using their own cookies and web beacons) to provide better or more relevant services and advertising to you on the Website. Our service providers and other third parties may do the same in order to provide more relevant services and advertising to you through other websites that you may visit.
Applications, widgets or links to other websites
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information we collect. We have established safeguards and use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Our employees, contractors, agents and service providers who provide services related to our information systems, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
correction and access
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate and up to date, any information which we hold about you. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect or you would like to review and confirm the accuracy of your personal information, you can contact us.
You can also gain access to the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions provided for by law. To request access to your personal information, please contact us.
Dowling & Neylan is committed to providing its customers with a fair and responsible system for the handling of complaints.
If at any time you have any concerns, complaints or questions in relation to your privacy or the operation of Dowling & Neylan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may resolve your concerns.
Further Privacy Information
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the
Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website.